Monkey Run Mongolia
A whole new level of adventuring stupidity
Full Details: Monkey Run Mongolia
Well, here it is. An all new shiny Monkey Run with gigantic-hairy-monkey-adventure nuts. The Institute of Adventure Research has signed up a group of
idiots Pioneers to come with us and test how stupid this really is in September 2021.
Now the 2022 edition is up for grabs but demand is high and the spots are limited so you’ll have to email us if you want to thunder across the Steppe on a 50cc Monkey Bike.
Mongolia is big. Really fucking big. And driving through it (as any of you ex-Mongol Ralliers know) is brain squashingly awesome. 1000’s of miles of endless horizons, mountains, dirt roads, no roads, nomads, deserts and steppe all collide in a sort adventuristic spaff. So riding through it on a motorbike designed for children is quite simply resplendent. Mongolia calls to the soul of the Monkey Bike like a fly to a shit.
Just look at all these pictures we made up by mangling Mongol Rally and Monkey Run photos together. It’s your job to make this utopian vision a reality.
Are you ready to write the next chapter of adventuring history?
1. The Route
"This one is going to be ridiculous. I love Mongolia and monkey bikes, they both start with the letter "M", so it's like the Universe has told us to do it" Mr Tom - Adventurists' Chief Idiot
From where? to where?
Pioneers Edition - 2021
29th August 2021: Set forth to the start camp
30th August 2021: Test driving & launch party
31st August 2021: Launch day
9th September 2021: Finish line & party
11th September 2022: Set forth to the start camp
12th September 2022: Test driving & launch party
13th September 2022: Launch day
23rd September 2022: Finish line & party
3. What's included?
- We'll get you from Ulaanbataar to the middle of nowhere for the launch and even bring you back from the finish line at the end. Handy.
- We'll put you up and stuff you full of food at the start and finish.
- We'll give you your very own (for a while) monkey bike to fall madly in love with as you ride across the wilderness.
- We'll stick a satellite tracker on you so we know where you are even if you (hopefully) haven't a clue.
- We'll give you a map that is almost completely useless.
- We'll give you 2 parties to spoil your internal organs.
- And some other stuff it would be boring to write here.
- Oh and you'll get to help the Institute of Adventure Research set up a whole new adventure for all mankind. So you get one of the converted blue badges of joy.
4. Entry Fee
5. Are you sure you want to pioneer this?
6. I have a few questions...
What should I bring?
- A tent - you can get little 1 man things that weight less than 1kg.
- A sleeping bag.
- Any food you're not going to be happy finding and eating on the way.
- The clothes you want to prevent hypothermia - water proof things for example.
- Black tie for the finish line