£1,000 top prize for Rickshaw Run Photo Competition
The fight to make the world less boring needs your help Rickshaw Run veterans and there’s £1,750 of adventure vouchers in the prize pot.
Submit a gallery of 15 photos of any Rickshaw Run photos taken on any edition, on any camera and you’re in the mix for a big old discount on your next adventure. (Feel free to include photos that don’t have rickshaws in).
You’ll also be published in the Rickshaw Run book we’re making early next year collecting all the best stories and photos from 13 years of three-wheeled chaos.
1st Prize: £1000
2nd Prize: £500
3rd Prize: £250
Deadline: Friday 13th December
How to Enter: Send a minimum of 15 photos (or more if you want to) via WeTransfer here. Or to [email protected] (please use a service like WeTransfer or Dropbox for any massive files).
Who decides the winner?
We do. No public votes, no number of likes. We will operate this competition like a dictatorship.
We know there must be photographic three-wheeled gold languishing on phones and hard drives around the world. We’re looking forward to seeing what you send in.
My photos aren’t exactly professional, have I still got a chance?
Hell yeah you do. Great adventure photos are not usually taken with a massive expensive camera. They’re captured hastily on a phone as your team mate jumps out of the rickshaw looking for somewhere to discreetly shit their pants.
The best are often taken in those moments that start to feel ordinary when you’re on the road. Heading out at sunrise to miss the traffic. A crowd of people surrounding your rickshaw. Your team mate leaking a sneaky tear because the 15th breakdown of the day is slowly but surely breaking their spirit from the inside out and a full tantrum is brewing. Any galleries that include an actual tantrum are also in with a very strong chance of winning.
Our favourite adventure photos are the ones that tell a proper story. Yes we know that’s cheesy but it’s true. Epic landscapes and rickshaws wobbling along an unlikely mountain track are amazing, you should enter them if you have them. But adventure isn’t always pretty. Often it’s pretty fucking dirty and that’s the way we like it. Photos of the Rickshaw Run should tell the whole story, and we need more of them, hence the large bribe / discount vouchers on offer in this competition.
But the winners of this competition will be the ones that capture the stupidity and scale of the Rickshaw Run, not just a fancy lens and a heavy hand on the colour saturation filter.
Tips on winning and the competition judges
Adding some captions to your entries would definitely improve your chances but it’s not compulsory and photos without captions will still be fully considered.
Don’t worry about whether the photos are in the ‘National Geographic’ arena. They wouldn’t post photos of your team dressed as donkeys at the launch party falling over on the dancefloor, but we will. Because well done you, that’s why.
Only enter your own photos. If you enter other people’s without asking them we’ll have to presume you’re a bit weird.
The competition will be judged by Tom, Dan and Jen at Adventurists HQ. Jen is Managing Director, Tom is the founder and Dan has been Official Third Filing Assistant since late 2006.
Now stop reading. Find 15 of your favourite photos and do your bit for the three-wheeled division of the fight to make the world less boring.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- All photo galleries considered – they must contain at least 15 photos but can contain more. If you send 3 terabytes worth of photos without picking out a selection of the best we will excommunicate you and ban you from all future adventures for laziness.
- The adventure vouchers given as prizes must be redeemed while signing up to an adventure before 31st December 2020. The adventure may take place after this date but the voucher must be redeemed before this date.
- Only photos taken by the entrant can be entered. Any entries using photos not taken by the entrant could void the entry.
- The competition will be judged by the Company and its decision is final and cannot be appealed. Sore losers who complain may be publicly shamed where we can legally get away with it to make an example of you.
- Photos may be used in the forthcoming Rickshaw Run book. No other prize or payment is due for future use but where possible and reasonable photographers will be credited.
- Photos can be used by the Company for other commercial purposes in line with the Team Entry Agreement everyone signs when they take part in the Rickshaw Run.
- The prizes will be awarded as discount vouchers of £1000, £500 and £250 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed winners respectively and can be used on any of the following adventures:
Monkey Run Romania
Monkey Run Morocco
Monkey Run Peru
Rickshaw Run Sri Lanka
Rickshaw Run Himalaya
Rickshaw Run India
Any other adventure launched by The League of Adventurists International Ltd during the period when the vouchers are valid and a place is available to the voucher holder.
- There is no cash or other alternative to this prize. If the winner cannot use the adventure vouchers they can be transferred to a nominated person once and cannot be transferred by the recipient to any other person.
- Adventure vouchers can only be redeemed against one adventure where places on that adventure are available and the relevant refund policy for any remaining fee remains valid.