There are more than 5 reasons why you should do The Monkey Run Peru, but what with the digital age eroding our attention span down to a mere 0.005 milliseconds, it’s important to keep things concise and to the point. So, without further ado, here are 5 reasons why you should do The Monkey Run Peru.
1. There’s nothing like the open road. Especially one that is full of ruts, bumps and craters; ready and waiting to send you hurtling skyward like a tutu-sporting bachelor from a mechanised bull.
2. The pure joy we all experienced as kids, letting ourselves go, hurtling towards a puddle on our rusty push bikes with squeaky brakes, has been replaced with mortgage repayments, credit cards and misery. The Monkey Run Peru brings that feeling back, this time with a motor.
3. Faith in humanity is instantly restored when you meet the people of Peru.
4. You’ve always wanted to look this cool, and now’s your chance. You might not see the Peruvian style gracing the catwalks of Paris and Milan anytime soon, but that’s because they’re ahead of the curve, pioneering sick new styles that only you, yes you, can pull off.
5. They say it’s not the winning that counts, but the taking part. We don’t know who ‘they’ are but the obviously don’t know The Monkey Run Peru, because here it’s neither, it’s the finishing that really counts. You’ll start off thinking you’ve got what it takes, and within 10 minutes you’ll realise that you don’t. Even so, somehow you’ll manage to drag your sorry arse over the finish line, a feeling that can’t be described, only experienced.