Saturday 3rd -The Convention
The first ever Convention will be hosted by the impressive Stan Mansion, built in 1921 to house a chapter of the Knights Templar. What the convention lacks in knight-like chivalry and weird masonic handshakes will be more than made up for with Gin and tales of old school adventure.
18:00 - Gin reception in the mansion exhibition room
19:30 - Official welcome to the Convention
19:45 - Dinner is served in the ballroom
20:30 - The Convention: Adventure announcements, awards & more...
22:00 - Drinking, music and revelry
01:00 - Carriages for some, onwards to the late night drinking venue for most
Strictly black tie or Adventurists fancy dress. Right of entry will be denied for anyone who doesn't acknowledge the importance of the occasion with the appropriate attire. If we hear the word 'sneakers' in any defence of said attire when questioned you will be permanently excommunicated and quite possibly physically abused in the street.
For 125 of your American dollars you get this stuff with your ticket:
- The Convention at the excellent Stan Mansion - the first one ever. Watch this video to find out more
- Free entry to the Adventure Film Screening on Friday 2nd at the Davis Theatre
- Gin reception
- Three course dinner provided by a company with hundreds of 5 star reviews
- Wine with dinner
- Three free drinks at the bar
- Exclusive delegate-only chance to sign up to a new adventure before anyone else
- Revelry, music & the fellowship of kindred idiots and fools with a truly heartening disregard for the bullshit pedalled by the mainstream travel industry
*Anyone that says, or even thinks, that we won't keep to the event timings like a well oiled military machine will be forced to go on an all-inclusive beach holiday as punishment.
DIETARY SHIT & DINNER MENU
For all you awkward buggers who we're not allowed to single out and ridicule because of ethics and laws an' all that stuff, you'll need to let us know the level of your awkwardness by Friday 16th February so we can look after you.
For everyone else, here's the menu for dinner:
Appetisers served during the Gin Reception:
- Round Steak Brioche with spinach & potato butter foam
- Spinach & Cheese Empanadas
- Tomato, Basil & Coriander Bruschetta
Main course options:
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper
- Duo plate of Herb Butter Steak & Greek Chicken
- Roasted Baby Potatoes
- String Green Beans & Carrots
- Decadent devil's food cake with butter-cream frosting