The Dates

The first edition of the Monkey Run Romania is September 2017

22nd September - Test driving, registration
23rd September - Launch
29th September - Finish
29th September - Finish party

Getting There and Away


Finish: There's an international airport at Constanta. Or you can get a coach to Bucharest.



License - You'll need whatever paperwork is required in your country of origin to ride a 50cc motorcycle.
IDP - While International driving permits aren't compulsory in Romania, they act as a useful translation of your driving licence. You want one with a Category "A" stamp.
Bike insurance - The bikes come with 3rd party motor insurance.
Personal insurance - You'll need travel insurance to cover you for the whole of the Run. You should make sure it specifically covers you for what you are doing and where.
Visas - Many nationalities don't need a visa for Romania for up to 90 days. You can check if this includes you here.
Vehicle deposit - We charge a £300 returnable vehicle deposit to make sure we get our bikes back at the end of the adventure, this is fully returnable and we won't charge you for general wear and tear.

Fuel, Food and Lodging

Finding fuel and mechanics shouldn't be a problem. Though the mechanics might not have suitable spares for your bike, so you might want to take some basic spares.

Finding food and water in the towns you pass through shouldn't be a problem, if you can't find fresh and cooked food you'll very likely find something resembling a shop selling packaged food.

Most places you can stop for food and fuel will have somewhere you can stay, even if it's on someone's floor. Because these bikes are pretty shit you might want to bring some camping stuff, you know, in case of emergencies.