The Main Guff
- The entry fee is £1200 per person
- The start line is nestled in the dunes of eastern Morocco in Merzouga
- The finish is just before land gives way to the Atlantic Ocean. The exact location of the finish might move but your outbound airport will still be Marrakesh.
- If you have a UK driving licence from pre-2002 you can drive a 50cc bike without a licence
- In Morocco you can drive a bike up to 80cc without a licence
- The bikes come with the legally required third party insurance so you can show some forms to the policemen at the checkpoints.
- For many nationalities you can get a visa-on-arrival - double check yours before you go.
Getting there and back
- The nearest international airport is Marrakesh - this is the best option in and out of Morocco.
- There'll be a bus to the start line from Marrakesh and one back from the finish line to Marrakesh.
Fuel Food and Lodgings
- Fuel is mostly available, but less so in the desert.
- Likewise with food & water. You probably want to avoid tap-water, unless you enjoy defecating through the eye of a needle.
- Camping is the most versatile option for accommodation, but you'll find a fair few Pensions in the towns & mountains.