£7 million and counting...
We’ve been banging on about saving the world for ages and we’ve raised stupendous amounts of money for a load of amazing charities. Teams on our adventures try to raise at least £1,000 for charity. We recommend that half goes to our official charity and the rest to any charity they fancy.
We sat down at HQ and pondered on what we could do that will actually save the world and continue the fight to make it less boring.
Then it hit us like a well-polished brogue to the nuts: “we must save every rainforest in the world so future generations have somewhere to get stuck”. Not because we’re tree hugging sandal weavers, but because the world would be shit without them. It’s not just about the carbon, the point is rainforests are indescribably excellent.
What would have happened if David Livingstone had vanished in a supermarket car park? Morton Stanley would have found him 3 minutes later slumped in parking bay 93F surrounded by sweet wrappers and used condoms.
No no no... We need rainforests, not just to create oxygen but to get lost in. Without rainforests, we’d have no pith helmets. We’d live in a world with no tigers to run away from. There would be no cock gourds, no poisonous tree frogs, no Tarzan, no great apes, no David Livingstone, no Mary Kingsley, no Mungo Park.
“Fuck progress,” said Mr Tom, founder of The Adventurists, “we want the world to be covered in dark, unknown forests stretching away in an endless medley of sweat, botheration and deadly insects.”
So Adventurists, we shall fix it. We shall save them all.
After what was actually a very long and detailed investigation we discovered an organisation protecting more rainforest than the UN and all other nation states on earth - Cool Earth.
This means The Adventurists’ teams will not only be making the world less boring but actually saving mankind from its own stupidity. Well done you.
Our official charity
Cool Earth in a nutshell
- Put local people in control of at-risk rainforest and form non-logging agreements
- Build better incomes, better schools, better clinics
- Do the same with the next village
- Build a shield for the rainforest
Cool Earth - What we do
- We never have and never will buy land. Instead we help the local communities take legal control of their forest
- By building better schools, better clinics and better incomes, we ensure rainforest protection goes hand in hand with better lives
- We focus our efforts on rainforest that is most at-risk and which would otherwise be destroyed within the next 18 months
- The protected forest forms a shield to make millions of acres of neighbouring forest inaccessible to loggers
- We promise that more than 90p in every £1 you donate will go straight to our projects