Quite frankly, the most suitable location to sit astride a monkey bike. The huge sand dunes of the Sahara sit in wait to make moving forward largely impossible. Then, the Atlas mountains will rise up to make your engine melt and your fingers freeze.
There is literally thousands of miles of off road chaos between you and the finish line.
Where the devil?
Launching... from a secret location near Merzouga.
Finishing - at the Atlantic ocean. The nearest international airport is still Marrakesh.
There'll be a bus to the start line from Marrakesh and one back from the finish line to Marrakesh.
£1295 per bike, which includes...
- A mighty if diminutive bike to destroy.
- The bike transported to the start line
- All the Moroccan paperwork and bike insurance ready to go.
- A launch party to kill half your brain and a finish party to kill the other.
- The most ridiculous week of adventuring chaos imaginable.
Some handy stuff about Morocco
- If you have a UK driving licence from pre-2002 you can drive a 50cc bike without a licence
- In Morocco you can drive a bike up to 80cc without a licence
- The bikes come with the legally required third party insurance so you can show some forms to the policemen at the checkpoints.
- For many nationalities you can get a visa-on-arrival - double check yours before you go.
- Fuel is mostly available, but less so in the desert.
- Likewise with food & water. You probably want to avoid tap-water, unless you enjoy defecating through the eye of a needle.
- Camping is the most versatile plan for a place to lay your hat, but you'll find a fair few pensions in the towns & mountains.