Australia is big. And it's got a whole lot of wilderness ready to slap an unsuspecting monkey about the headlamps.
Where the devil?
Launching... from a...
Finishing - at the...
£1200 per bike, which includes...
- A mighty if diminutive bike to destroy.
- The bike transported to the start line
- All the paperwork and bike insurance ready to go.
- A launch party to kill half your brain and a finish party to kill the other.
- The most ridiculous week of adventuring chaos imaginable.
Some handy stuff about Australia
- If you have a UK driving licence from pre-2002 you can drive a 50cc bike without a licence
- In Morocco you can drive a bike up to 80cc without a licence
- The bikes come with the legally required third party insurance so you can show some forms to the policemen at the checkpoints.
- For many nationalities you can get a visa-on-arrival - double check yours before you go.
- Fuel is mostly available, but less so in the desert.
- Likewise with food & water. You probably want to avoid tap-water, unless you enjoy defecating through the eye of a needle.
- Camping is the most versatile plan for a place to lay your hat, but you'll find a fair few pensions in the towns & mountains.